Browse the web care free without worry of malware and viruses with WOT for Mozilla Firefox.
WOT has been downloaded by more than 38 million Firefox users, and the streak is continuing.
Developer(s): WOT Services
Language support: English, Russian
Home page: MY WOT
License: GNU General Public License, version 3.0
Donate: Click here
DOWNLOAD: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: INSTALLING WOT-SAFE SURFING ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
2. Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. WOT installation box pops-up. Click “Install” to continue installing addon, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. WOT asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the addon.
HOW TO: USING WOT – SAFE SURFING ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
2. The best thing about the WOT is its ability to scan every link. So, when ever you browse web on Mozilla Firefox, you can notice GREEN, ORANGE, RED WOT icon, know as Reputation icons beside every link indicating its trustworthiness. WOT even scan your Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter and almost entire web and indicate it’s trustworthiness.
3. Clicking on WOT icon beside the link shows you the link trustworthiness score card. You can even scorecard of the link even without opening the link. “Right Click” (RMD) on the link and click on the “View WOT scorecard“.
4. You can customize WOT settings by clicking on WOT icon located at upper left corner of Mozilla browsers.
HOW TO DISABLE/REMOVE WOT-SAFESURFING FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access addon (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the addon temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the addon permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.