Quick Maps is add-on for Firefox, developed my Mapify. Quick Maps lets you see the address on Google Maps with out opening it, when you hover your mouse over the address or when you select the address and “Right Click” (RMB) to look it directly.
Right now, it works for some countries like USA, UK, Spain, Italy, France, Germany and some others which the developer didn’t mention. This add-on or the extension is available for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Language support: English,
Home page: Quick Maps
License: GNU General Public License, version 3.0
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: INSTALLING QUICK MAPS ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Go to Quick Maps Mozilla add-on page, or simply click on the above download link and click on “Add to Firefox“.
2. Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of add-on. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Quick Maps installation box pops-up. Click “Install” to continue installing addon, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. A Pop-up will be displayed on successful installation, and you will be re-directed to a demo page.
HOW TO: USING QUICK MAPS ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. For me, hovering didn’t work in general pages, what I did was select the address and “Right Click” (RMB) to “Search with Quick Maps”.
Here are results for Starbuck’s 500 W Temple St, LA location with Bing Maps comparison.
2. You can change settings of this add-on by going to Add-ons (Extension) Manager, “Ctrl+Shift+A” and search for the Quick Map and click on the “Option” button. You can change size of the maps to be appeared.
HOW TO DISABLE/REMOVE QUICK MAPS FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access addon (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the addon temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the addon permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This Add-on doesn’t require Restart.