The developer of popular extension Adblock Plus has come up with simple yet useful addon which will fix typos in URL (Home Page).
URL Fixer is add-on for Mozilla firefox developed by Wladimir Palant. URL Fixer will correct common misspellings of .com, .net, .org, .edu, .gov, .mil, and all other mainstream TLDs, as well as the protocol (http:, https:). By right-clicking on the address bar, you can set it to auto-correct your errors, or you can have it ask you before making any corrections.
You can specify your own set of custom corrections. Add or remove your own corrections in URL Fixer’s options dialog, accessible via Tools » Add-ons » URL Fixer » Preferences.
You can also correct errors as they happen; if Firefox can’t find the website you typed in, URL Fixer lets you mark that URL as a typo, and you’ll never see that error page again.
HOW TO: INSTALLING EBAY SIDEBAR ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Go to URL Fixer Mozilla addon page, or simply click on the above download link and click on “Add to Firefox“.
2. Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. URL Fixer installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing addon, “Cancel” to abort installation.
On successful installation, a message pop-up confirming the same and you will directed to URL Fixer first run page.
HOW TO: USING URL FIXER ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Right now this add-on corrects TLDs (Top-Level Domain) i.e., .com, .biz, .org, .edu etc., and it has learning feature which will auto-correct domain name and has exception feature. This is will be helpful for those who have a habit of typing same typo error again and again.
2. You can change preference by accessing Addon (Extension) Manger by pressing “Ctrl+Shift+A” and search for URL Fixer and click on Options.
Here you can add exceptions and contribute to developer by sharing the typos data by ticking “Allow URL Fixer …..“.
HOW TO DISABLE/REMOVE TURN OFF THE LIGHTS FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access addon (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the addon temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the addon permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This add-on doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.