Blocks Ads from your favorite e-mail services like Gmail, Yahoo with Webmail Ad-Blocker addon for Firefox.
Webmail Ad-Blocker is a simple add-on developed by Jason Savard for Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome which helps in blocking ads appearing in your Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook web based applications despite using Ad-Blocker Plus add-on (extension).
Developer(s): Jason Savard
Language support: English
Home page: Webmail Ad Blocker
License: Custom License
Donate: Click here
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Webmail Ad-Blocker on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Webmail Ad-Blocker installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Webmail Ad-Blocker asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Webmail Ad-Blocker on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful installation you will not notice any Advertisement appearing in your Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook.
2. For me it worked perfectly for Yahoo mail but failed to hide one Ad link in Gmail.
3. To change preference, go to Mozilla Firefox’s Add-on’s Manager and search for Webmail Ad-Blocker tab. Click on “Options” to adjust your preferences.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Webmail Ad-Blocker from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.