Facebook One is an extension developed by 64px for Google Chrome which will alert you on any new notification with its simple user interface (UI). On clicking the specific alert you will directly to that page without need to go facebook homepage first and then to later. You can even search directly from the extension itself.
64px has developed similar extension for Instagram, named as “Instagram for Chrome“.
HOW TO: Installing Facebook One on Google Chrome:
2. Now, Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, a Facebook with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Facebook One on Google Chrome:
1. After successful installation of Facebook one extension you will notice Facebook logo right to URL (address) bar.
2. If you notice only facebook icon then it means that you need to log in. On clicking the facebook icon you will notice no alerts. Observe the below screenshot for difference.
3. Where as if you see facebook icon with number(s), this means, you are logged in with facebook account. Observe the above screenshot for difference.
4. When logged in, clicking on the specific notification will load specific facebook notification page. For example, if I click on “Messages“, it will load facebook messages page directly.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Facebook One from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.