Flagfox is an add-on developed by Dave G for Mozilla Firefox which shows more than flags of the countries in which the site server is hosted. Flagfox comes handy to web publishers by hosting several tools like Alexa, Geotool, Whois, SiteAdvisor and other tools which helps in improving SEO. You can add custom actions (new sites) by shortcut keys. To know more about Flagfox features, see end of this post.
Developer(s): Dave G
Language support: English
Home page: Flagfox
License: Custom License
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Flagfox on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Flagfox installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Flagfox asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Flagfox on Mozilla Firefox:
1. After restarting the Firefox browsers, you will notice National Flags side to ‘Refresh‘ icon, inside URL bar. Hover on flag to know more about domain info.
2. To access different features, right click (RMB) on the flag icon and choose the desired services. You can add/remove services via ‘Options‘.
To add services, check it, to remove services, un-check it.
3. To add custom actions (service), click on “+ Add new actions” in Options. Make sure to copy the URL of the service to be add and paste them in the “Template:“. Add the desired description and custom shortcut keys combo and click “Save“. You will notice the newly added service in Flagfox tray.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Flagfox from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.
- Site safety and malware checks
- Finding similar sites and reviews
- Automatic translation to your language
- SEO and web development research
- Diagnostics like pings and traceroutes
- Whois and DNS information
- Page code validation
- Quick URL shortening
- Copying a server’s IP address or other info…..