Facebook being one of the most used and visited website on earth, surely does attract the eyes of hackers. Many are effected by SPAM, SCAMS but some people fall prey to phishers which may sometimes lead to loss of facebook account control. To avoid phishing, an independent developer Diego Casorran has come up with FB Phishing Protector addon (extension) for Mozilla Firefox. The latest version includes protection from tracking.
HOW TO: INSTALLING FB PHISHING PROTECTOR ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. FB Phishing Protector installation box pops-up. Click “Install” to continue installing addon, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. FB Phishing Protector pops up when ever you start browser or open facebook page.
HOW TO: USING FB PHISHING PROTECTOR ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
I couldn’t test any phishing or spam (scam) stuff as I don’t use much of facebook. So, when ever you land on any phishing page or click on scam stuff you will be notified like this.
HOW TO: DISABLE/REMOVE FB PHISHING PROTECTOR FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access addon (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the addon temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the addon permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This addon doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.