Reload Plus addon adds useful features to Firefox’s Reload button.
Next time you hit a F5 button or reload a webpage, just don’t reload it, you can do more than that with Reload Plus, an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which supercharges your reload button with additional features. On installing Reload Plus add-on, you can reload webpage with Override Cache, Google Cache and Load with Missing Images with one press and one click, combo of mouse and keyboard.
Developer(s): BW Productions
Language support: English
Home page: Reload Plus
Donate: Click here
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Reload Plus on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Reload Plus installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, you will notified confirming the same.
HOW TO: Using Reload Plus on Mozilla Firefox:
1. When you hover your mouse over reload button of Mozilla Firefox, Reload Plus shows you the shortcut keys with their functionality. Each functionality is a combo of mouse and keyboard key.
2. For example, if I want to reload the current page with Override Cache, the I press “Ctrl” and left click (LMB) on the “Reload” button which located to right side of URL (address) bar of Firefox.
Similarly by pressing ….
- Alt + Left Mouse Button (or Alt+F5) : Load Missing Images
- Shift + Left Mouse Button(or Shift+F5) : Google Cache
- Middle Mouse : Standard Reload (new tab)
- Ctrl + Middle Mouse Button : Override Cache (new tab)
- Alt + Middle Mouse Button : Reload All Tabs
- Shift + Middle Mouse Button : Google Cache (new tab)
their respective function are performed. You can customize the shortcut key. To change your Reload Plus preference, go to Firefox Add-ons Manager and find “Reload Plus” add-on tab. Click on “Options” to change your preference.
3.Other available actions include “Reload Non-Pinned Tabs“, “Reload Pinned Tabs“, “Reload Unsuccessful Tabs“, and “Set/Clear Retry Interval“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Reload Plus from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Reload Plus doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.