Saving text with Time Stamp and Site Address with Save Text to File addon for Firefox.
Developer(s): Robert Byrne
Language support: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Spanish.
Home page: Save Text to File
License: G.N.U GPL Ver 3.0
Donate: Click here
Download:Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Save Text to File on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of add-on. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Save Text to File installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Save Text to File asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Save Text to File on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Highlight the text to be saved with left click (LMB). Then right click (RMB) on the highlighted text and select the “Save Text to File” option in the menu. Shortcut Key “Shift” + “F1” can also be used to save the highlighted text.
2. On clicking, you get the preference pop-up where you can change the preference and path where the text filed is to be save. You can disable the preference pop-up on each saving by un-ticking “Open Preference dialog……“.
3. On saving the text file, you will be notified with pop-up. You can access the save preference via Firefox Add-ons Manager.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Save Text to File from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.