Self-Destructing Cookies (SDC) is an add-on (Extension) developed by Ove for Mozilla Firefox which automatically removes internet cookies on closing browser’s tab by default. The other option includes “after you close the browser” and “never” which mean you are whitelisting. This add-on make sure that the website will able to recognize as long as the web session is active and not as long as you are on web. Self-Destructing Cookies is designed in such a way that it automatically detects tracking cookies based on their behavior and removes them immediately. Know more with FAQs
HOW TO: INSTALLING SELF-DESTRUCTING COOKIES ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Self-Destructing Cookies installation box pops-up. Click “Install” to continue installing addon, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation you will be redirected to first run page.
HOW TO: USING SELF-DESTRUCTING COOKIES ON MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. After installation of the addon you will see Self-Destructing Cookies in Addon bar. If you don’t see Addon bar, press “Ctrl” + “/“. You get pop-up notification when ever cookies are removed. You can disable pop-up in SDC preference (option) page.
2. By default SDC removes cookies when you close the browser tab, active webpage. You can change this by clicking on the SDC icon in the addon bar. Note: This change will only apply for the domain (webpage) which you are active or opened. For example, if I wish not to delete cookies from twitter then when I am on twitter page, I click on the SDC icon and change it to “never“.
3. You tweak a lot at SDC options page. To access, go to addons manager “Ctrl+Shift+A” and go through SDC addon.
4. Different SDC color icon represents different preference.
HOW TO: DISABLE/REMOVE SELF-DESTRUCTING COOKIES FROM MOZILLA FIREFOX:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access addon (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the addon temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the addon permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This addon doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.