Take a Break, a must and should Firefox addon for Workaholics.
Take a Break is a simple but very useful add-on developed by Zen for Mozilla Firefox. This add-on is must and should for those who spend countless hours in-front of computer. Take a Break add-on, on setting reminder, alerts the user with flash/sound for specified amount of time at specified intervals.
HOW TO: Installing Take a Break on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Take a Break installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Take a Break asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Take a Break on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Now, you should see Take a Break add-on in add-ons bar. If you don’t see any add-ons bar at bottom of the firefox browser, press “Ctrl” + “/” to enable add-ons bar.
2. Right Click (RMB) on Take a Break icon to change preferences.
3. There are two ways in which Take a Break alerts users, first with small blink which in my opinion is non-deviating , other with pop-up reminder.
2. To enable/disable reminder, left click on Take a Break icon, once. When Take a Break is disabled, it looks like this .
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Take a Break from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.