Adding Duck Duck Go Search Engine plugin to Mozilla Firefox.
DuckDuckGo Plus is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox, developed by DuckDuckGo, helps you search web direct from the Firefox browser itself. With this add-on, you get more than just adding DuckDuckGo to existing search engine list. The main feature of this search engine is that it doesn’t record user information and thus protecting users privacy and it is open sourced. Know more about DuckDuck Go.
HOW TO: Installing DuckDuckGo Plus on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. DuckDuckGo Plus installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, DuckDuckGo Plus asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using DuckDuckGo Plus on Mozilla Firefox:
1. After installation you will notice DuckDuckGo icon added to existing search engine list and separate button at top right side of the browser.
2. Click on the DuckDuckGo icon at top right gives you an option to search with other search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and others with encryption.
3. You can change the DuckDuckGo Plus preference from Add-ons Manager.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove DuckDuckGo Plus from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This add-on doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.