Bluehell Firewall is a lightweight ad-blocker add-on developed by Diego Casorran for Mozilla Firefox. This the same developer who created an add-on to prevent facebook phishing on Firefox. This add-on weighs only 30 Kilo Bytes which makes it non compromising with browser performance but comes with price. Lightweight means no configurable settings. So, you can’t depend on this add-on for complete elimination of annoying ads, particularly those non Google ads and private ad pop-ups.
So, Bluehell Firewall an alternative to Adblock Plus? My answer, definitely not.
Developer(s): Diego Casorran
Language support: English
Home page: Bluehell Firewall
License: Mozilla Public License, version 2.0
Donate: Click here
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Bluehell Firewall on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Bluehell Firewall installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Bluehell Firewall displays pop-up confirming the same.
HOW TO: Using Bluehell on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Since the add-on is lightweight, there are no configurable settings. Its one click enable/disable ads.
2. Bluehell Firewall is effective at blocking Google Ads but fails to block other ad publishers like Bing’s, private ad publishers.
|Bluehell Firewall ad-blocker not effective on Bing Ads.|
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Bluehell Firewall from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This add-on doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.