Empty Cache Button is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which helps you remove cache, different types of cache with just one click. It just weighs 50 KBs and can specifically clear Memory Cache, Disk Cache, Offline Cache and Favicon Cache. It has notification feature. It even has keyboard shortcut, F9 to perform the cleaning task. Kindly note that Mac users needs to download Growl, if you want notification feature.
Language support: English
Home page: N-a
License: GNU General Public License, version 3.0
Donate: Click here
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Empty Cache Button on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Empty Cache Button installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Empty Cache Button asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Empty Cache Button on Mozilla Firefox:
1. You will notice Empty Cache Button at top right side of your Mozilla Firefox browser. Clicking on that will clean all types of caches at once.
2. To clear specific type of cache, right click (RMB) on the Empty Cache Button icon and click on the desired option.
3. To access Empty Cache Button options, right click (RMB) on the Empty Cache Button icon and click on “Options“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Empty Cache Button from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.