Get Gmail Notification with Message Preview in Mozilla Firefox with Gmail Notifier Addon.
Gmail Notifier for Mozilla Firefox is an add-on which notifies Mozilla Firefox users with the number of unread gmail messages. It supports multiple accounts, multiple label support and you can even perform functions like “Mark as” Read, Report Spam, Trash or Archive Message without opening gmail in separate tab.
HOW TO: Installing Gmail Notifier on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Gmail Notifier installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, you will notified with the message.
HOW TO: Using Gmail Notifier on Mozilla Firefox:
1. In order to activate gmail notifications, your gmail account should be running background (not signed out).
2. Hovering mouse on the Gmail Notifier will show you the add-on shortcut keys.
3. When new message lands into your inbox or when you have any unread messages in your inbox, you will notification like this.
4. Left click (LMB) on the gmail notifier to get a small snippet of the latest message.
Shortcut keys: Left click: Opens Gmail, Middle (or Ctrl+Left) click: Refreshes all accounts and Right click: Account Selections.
5. To access Gmail Notifier options, go to Firefox Addons Manager and search for Gmail Notifier tab and click on “Options“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Gmail Notifier from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This add-on doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.