Integrating Facebook Messenger with Mozilla Firefox.
If your are both Mozilla Firefox users with a heavy presence on Facebook, this post is just for you. Most of you might know that Mozilla has introduced Social API, starting with Firefox 17, which makes social content providers to easily integrate it’s services with Mozilla Firefox. Facebook was first provider to make use of Mozilla’s Social API and integrated some of it’s services with Mozilla Firefox.
How To: Adding Facebook Messenger Service to Mozilla Firefox:
1. Log in into your facebook account.
2. Go to facebook.com/about/messenger-for-firefox .
3. Click on “Turn On“, to enable Facebook Messenger. You are then asked for confirmation to enable the service. Click “OK” to proceed.
4. You will now notice a vertical bar to right of your web browser. If you have any problem with unavailability of services, restart the browser.
5. To “Turn Off” the messenger, click on the facebook icon which is at top right of the browser and click “Turn Off Facebook Messenger“. To disable/remove, click on “Manager Services…“
Tip: Check “Keep me logged in” if you want the messenger to be turned on every time you start the Firefox browser.