Leech Block is an add-on developed by James Anderson for Mozilla Firefox which helps users to improve their productivity and self control by restricting access towards their favourite sites. This add-on comes with password, so you need not worry about sneaking out, and stats, which will help you boost your confidence. Find out how you can starting using Leech Block from below steps.
Developer(s): James Anderson
Language support: English
Home page: Leech Block
License: Custom License
Donate: Click here
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Leech Block on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Leech Block installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Leech Block asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Leech Block on Mozilla Firefox:
1. After installing Leech Block, open Mozilla Firefox Toolbar Layout and drag Leech Block button to Bookmarks Toolbar.
2. To restrict access to particular site, go to respective site and right click (RMB) on the Leech Block icon and click on “Add example.com to Block Set (Number)” or,
click on the “Options…” and follow the wizard to block the sites which you are trying to resist. In step 1 (What to Block), you can name the “Block Set”, in my case I renamed to Social Network and added the domain which I am trying to resist.
In step 2 (When to Block), you can specify time, date and interval.
In final and step 3 (How to Block), you are give option what to be showed when you try to access restricted site. Click “OK” to complete the process.
3. You can set password via Access Control tab.
4. Other preferences can be set via General tab.
5. You can boot you morale by seeing Statistics.
6. Lockdown helps you block by setting time limit.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Leech Block from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.