DuckDuckGo for Chrome is an extension for Google Chrome, developed by DuckDuckGo, helps you search web direct from the Firefox browser itself. With this add-on, you get more than just adding DuckDuckGo to existing search engine list. The main feature of this search engine is that it doesn’t record user information and thus protecting users privacy and it is open sourced. Know more about DuckDuck Go.
HOW TO: Installing DuckDuckGo on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, DuckDuckGo icon with message pop up appears indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using DuckDuckGo Plus on Google Chrome:
1. After installation you will notice DuckDuckGo icon added at top right side of the browser.
2. Click on the DuckDuckGo icon at top right gives you an option to search with other search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and others with encryption.
3. You can change the DuckDuckGo Plus preference by clicking with Right Mouse Button (RMB) on DuckDuckGo icon.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove DuckDuckGo from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.