Collusion for Chrome helps you Visualize and Block the Sites which Tracks you Silently.
Collusion for Chrome is extension from Disconnect.ME which helps you visualize and block those site which are tracking your surfing behavior with the help of cookies. There is a similar add-on named “Collusion” for Mozilla Firefox which does the same function and even has the same name, but the add-on is developed with the help of Mozilla Foundation.
Language support: English
Home page: Disconnect
Support: Click Here
Download: Free (ADD TO CHROME)
HOW TO: Installing Collusion for Chrome on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, Collusion for Chrome icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Collusion for Chrome on Google Chrome:
1. After installing the extension, you will notice Collusion for Chrome extension right side of URL bar. The extension starts notify its user when ever it detects any cookies monitoring you. It even shows how may are cookies are monitoring you. Click on the extension to get a visual look.
2. Click on the “block known tracking sites” to restrict those cookies which are not from big sites like Google, Facebook., etc.,
3. Explore more options from the sidebar of the Collusion Popup.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Collusion for Chrome from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.
2. Now, un-tick the Collusion for Chrome to temporarily disable the extension. Click on the dustbin icon and you will be greeted with pop-up, click “Remove” to remove the extension from Google Chrome.