Proxy Selector is an add-on developed for Mozilla Firefox by Michele Pezza which helps you switch among proxies with ease. This add-on will prove helpful to those who want to surf anonymously and even view YouTube videos which are country restricted.
Developer(s): Michele Pezza
Language support: English
Home page: Proxy Selector
License: Custom License
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Proxy Selector on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of add-on. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Proxy Selector installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Proxy Selector asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Proxy Selector on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful installation, you will notice Proxy Selector add-on located at right side of Mozilla Firefox URL bar.
2. Click (LMB) on the Proxy Selector add-on to manage proxies or change preferences.
3. Click on “Add” to add proxies and create your proxies list.
4. To switch proxies, click on the Proxy Selector add-on and click on the desired proxy.
5. To revert back, click on the Proxy Selector add-on and click on the “System Proxy”.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Proxy Selector from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.