Get Previews (Thumbnails) When Searching with Google, Yahoo!, Bing and DuckDuckGo with SearchPreview.
SearchPreview is an add-on is for Mozilla Firefox which gives us a preview of the search results when search with Google, Yahoo!, Bing and DuckDuckGo. Apart from the preview (thumbnails), it also show popularity ranks of the sites which are result of search result. It was previously know as GooglePreview. This add-on uses service provided by Webshot.
HOW TO: Installing SearchPreview on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. SearchPreview installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, SearchPreview asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using SearchPreview on Mozilla Firefox:
1. As simple as the description says, you will notice screenshots of the results when searching in Google, Yahoo!, Bing and DuckDuckGo. Below are the screenshots for same search result without and with SearchPreview.
2. You may sometime notice that the displayed thumbnails are outdated, you can request for updated version by right clicking (RMB) on the thumbnail and click on “Request update of this SearchPreview image“.
4. To access preferences, go to Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager, search for “SearchPreview” tab and click on “Options“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove SearchPreview from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.