New Tab Plus is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera which replaces the native speed dials if any with customized version. Design is minimalist and easy to use. Since it is linked to cloud, you can backup settings, bookmarks etc., to cloud or to your local system. To know more about features, click here.
Developer(s): Zole (New Tab Plus)
Language support: English, 中文 (中華人民共和國香港特別行政區), 中文 (台灣), 中文
Home page: New Tab Plus
Donate: New Tab Plus
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing New Tab Plus on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of add-on. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. New Tab Plus installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, New Tab Plus asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using New Tab Plus on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful installation, you will notice the new revamped speed dial, start page of New Tab Plus with some user tips.
2. As you see, all the bookmarks sites can be sorted according to its genre. For example, all the defaults bookmarks sites are in “Common” folder. To create new folder, click on the folder icon and click + icon and rename it. Then search you can search from the default added sites according to category or you can add them manually.
3. To change the background wallpaper, click on the “Cloud” icon folder. You can added your desired picture as wall paper by clicking on “Settings” and “Local Image“.
4. To change the weather settings, click on it and click on “Set City“.
4. To change the layout of the tabs, or to link with cloud, click on the “Settings (wheel)” icon. You can even do a manual backup.
5. To know more about New Tab Plus, click here.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove New Tab Plus from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.