Make your Mozilla Firefox Reader Friendly with Reader Addon.
Reader is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox developed by Baris Derin which brings Safari’s READER feature to Mozilla Firefox. This add-on will be helpful to those who would like to read from web browser without distraction. This add-on also gives you the freedom to customize fonts, background color, size and other. Apart just reading, you can mail or print the article in the same format.
Developer(s): Baris Derin
Language support: English
Home page: Reader
License: GNU GPL License v3.0
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Reader on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Reader installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Reader asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Reader on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful installation, you will be redirected to Reader welcome page.
2. You can notice Reader icon at top right side of the browsers. To customize the fonts, color etc., click on the downward arrow.
3. To enable Reader mode, click on Reader icon or press Ctrl + Alt + R and to auto scroll, Ctrl + Shift + S.
4. To email or take a print out in new format, hover the mouse at middle bottom of the article in reader mode.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Reader from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.