IOS7 New Tab is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which which turns the default home tab/next tab into iOS 7 look alike. On installation it comes with pre-loaded (linked) apps and sites like Angry Birds, Candy Crush, facebook, twitter etc., which can deleted. You can even customize the background images. You can find the similar extension for Google Chrome.
HOW TO: Installing IOS7 New Tab on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. IOS7 New Tab installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, IOS7 New Tab asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using IOS7 New Tab on Mozilla Firefox:
1. After installing the extension and restarting the browser you will notice the change on opening new tab.
2. To add apps or sites, click on the settings (same icon like iOS settings ) and enter the Name, URL and upload the Image if any.
3. To remove or reorder the apps/sites, click on any app/site icon and hold it untill you notice the icons start dancing.
4. To access preferences, go to Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager, search for “IOS7 New Tab” tab and click on “Options“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove IOS7 New Tab from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.