is an extension for Google Chrome
by Google which lets its users opts out of the DoubleClick advertising cookie, which Google uses to show you interest-based ads on partnering websites. This might be helpful for those who don’t like Google to record their web activity.
Note: This doesn’t block ads by Google.
Language support: English
Home page: IBA Opt-out
Support: Terms & Conditions.
Download: Free (ADD TO CHROME)
HOW TO: Installing IBA Opt-out on Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome web store an search for IBA Opt-out, or simple click on the above download link and click on “FREE (ADD TO CHROME)“.
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access from the web browser.
3. Now, Google icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove IBA Opt-out from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.
2. Now, un-tick the IBA Opt-out to temporarily disable the extension. Click on the dustbin icon and you will be greeted with pop-up, click “Remove” to remove the extension from Google Chrome.