Remove/Clear Users Preferences Left Out by Uninstalled Addons With eCleaner.
eCleaner is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which lets its users to clear the preferences created by installed add-on and the preferences left by the uninstalled add-on. Clearing the preferences left by uninstalled add-on may optimize Firefox performance and apply new add-ons to browser effectively.
HOW TO: Installing eCleaner on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. eCleaner installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, eCleaner asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using eCleaner on Mozilla Firefox:
1. To clear preferences of add-on, there are two ways of doing it, first being to drag the eCleaner button from Mozilla Firefox Toolbar to Firefox toolbar and other being …..
….. to access preferences, go to Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager, search for “eCleaner” tab and click on “Options“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove eCleaner from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.