Watch YouTube Videos Without Leaving Website With YouTube Anywhere Player Addon.
YouTube Anywhere Player is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which lets the user to watch YouTube videos without leaving the site, in Cinema Mode and minimized mode. On clicking the YouTube links on the site where you found, example in your email, YouTube Anywhere opens video in separate player without leaving present site in Cinema Mode. You can even search and see YouTube videos from there itself.
Developer(s): Diego Casorran
Language support: English
Home page: YouTube Anywhere Player
License: Mozilla Public License v1.1
Donate: YouTube Anywhere Player
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing YouTube Anywhere Player on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. YouTube Anywhere Player installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. YouTube Anywhere Player does not require restart to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using YouTube Anywhere Player on Mozilla Firefox:
1. So, when ever you find YouTube links in any webpage, click on it. YouTube Anywhere Player will open the video in same webpage but as a popup in Cinema mode.
2. To minimize the screen, click on “–” (minus) icon.
3. To stop the video, click anywhere inside webpage except on video.
4. To search and open the video on current webpage, highlight the word and right click (RMB) and click on “Search YouTube for “xyz”“.
5. To access preferences, go to Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager, search for “YouTube Anywhere Player” tab and click on “Options“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove YouTube Anywhere Player from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.