Fruumo Download Manager is an extension for Google Chrome and Chromium based browsers which replaces the default download manager. Some of its features includes background downloading even with chrome closed, filtering downloads, desktop notifications, multi-downloads etc., Note, this extension is still in BETA stage (at the time of writing this article).
HOW TO: Installing Fruumo Download Manager on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access from the web browser.
3. Now, Fruumo Download Manager icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Fruumo Download Manager on Google Chrome:
1. After installing the extension, fruumo will direct you to the welcome page.
2. To access download manager, click on the fruumo icon which is right side of the url(address) bar or press Alt+X .
3. You can change preferences, add filter in download manager itself.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Fruumo Download Manager from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.
2. Now, un-tick the Fruumo Download Manager to temporarily disable the extension. Click on the dustbin icon and you will be greeted with pop-up, click “Remove” to remove the extension from Google Chrome.