Get Desktop Notification like Google Chrome for Mozilla Firefox.
Tab Notifier is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which enables desktop notifications similar to that of Google Chrome. Tab Notifier works whenever it notices any change in web page title or new message pops up. It claims to work even if the firefox is minimized.
Developer(s): Giuseppe Angelone
Language support: English and others
Home page: Tab Notifier
License: Mozilla Public License v1.1
Donate: Tab Notifier
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Tab Notifier on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of add-on. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Tab Notifier installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Tab Notifier asks user permission to restart the browser. Restart the browser to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Tab Notifier on Mozilla Firefox:
1. You will get notification pop-up when ever you get a new message.
2. To access preferences, go to Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Manager, search for “Tab Notifier” tab and click on “Options“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Tab Notifier from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options require restart for the actions to take effect.