Heartbleed Notifier is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which notifies you of sites affected by Heartbleed Bug. Heartbleed is a security bug in the open-source OpenSSL cryptography library, which is widely used to implement the Internet’s Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol. Since the majority of the websites use this protocol, it is estimated that two thirds of the websites are infected by this bug.
All you need to do is change the password after website fix the bug with patch.
HOW TO: Installing Heartbleed Notifier on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of add-on. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Heartbleed Notifier installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Hearbleed Notifier will inform you the same.
HOW TO: Using Heartbleed Notifier on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful installation, you will be notified by an icon in the location bar.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Heartbleed Notifier from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This add-on doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.