FireTube (YouTube Music Player) is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which lets you stream the music directly from YouTube without opening it. To listen to music, all you need to do is type the artist or song name and FireTube will make playlist for you. This add-on even lets you download the songs. With google or facebook login, you can even save your playlist.
HOW TO: Installing FireTube on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of add-on. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. FireTube installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, you can use FireTube without restart.
HOW TO: Using FireTube on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful installation, you notice the FireTube player in Mozilla Firefox’s add-on bar.
2. To start listening to song, type the artist or song name. FireTube will create playlist automatically.
3. To see the playlist, click on three horizontal bars.
4. Shortcut keys (default):
Play/Pause: Control + Up arrow key
Fast Forward: Control + Right arrow key
Rewind: Control + Left arrow key
To change your shortcut keys, go to FireTube settings and click on the desired button and press the desired keyboard key to change.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove FireTube from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: This add-on doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.