Annoyed by ads which pops-up even after using Adblock Plus? Then, here might the worthy replacement. Adblock Edge is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox, which is a fork of the Adblock Plus, and it claims to provide the same features of Adblock Plus 2.x+, but without white-listing some acceptable ads.
You can find out how Adblock Edge is different from Adblock Plus here.
HOW TO: Installing Adblock Edge on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Adblock Edge installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Adblock Edge doesn’t require restart to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Adblock Edge on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Adblock Edge functions similar to that of Adblock plus, so the feature and usage are also similar.
2. Hover the mouse on the Adblock Edge to know the status of the blocking.
3. Default and custom subscription.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Adblock Edge from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Search for the Adblock Edge tab, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.