How To Restrict and Control the Amount of Time You Visit a Website.
StayFocusd is an extension for Google Chrome which helps to increase your productivity by limiting/restricting the amount of time you spend on your favorite website. Let’s find out how can we really do it.
Developer(s): Transfusion Media
Language support: English
Home page: StayFocused
Download: ADD TO CHROME
HOW TO: Installing StayFocusd on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, a StayFocusd icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using StayFocusd on Google Chrome:
1. To restrict a site, open that website and click of StayFocusd icon at top right of the browser. Click on the “Block this entire site“. By default, StayFocusd give you grace time of 10 minutes to access the site. To change and explore more settings, click on “Settings” below the “Block the entire site”
2. The interesting feature is the “Nuclear Option“. On activation, it will block sites for the number of hours which you set, independent of your active days or active hours. Once activated, there is no way to cancel it.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove StayFocusd from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.