How To: Run Android Application on Desktop Using Google Chrome.
App Runtime for Chrome (ARC) Welder is a tool (app) for Google Chrome which lets you to test and publish Android apps to Chrome OS using the App Runtime for Chrome (beta). This mean you can install your favorite Android apps on your beloved Chrome browser.
HOW TO: Installing ARC Welder on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. It is ~12 MB file, therefore some patience is required for its installation. After that you will be notified.
HOW TO: Using ARC Welder on Google Chrome:
1. After successful installation of ARC Welder, you will be redirected to Chrome App Launcher page, or if you are still in chrome web store ARC Welder page, you can launch the app from there itself.
2. On launching the app, you will be greeted with following ….
3. After selecting the desired directory where you want to store the apps and its data, proceed to add android apk.
3. It is desired to choose Orientation > Landscape and Form Factor > Tablet and click on “Launch App“.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.
NOTE: This is a Chrome app, not an extension (add-on).