Suspicious of links which you need to open? Then, Dr.Web Anti-Virus Link Checker maybe helpful for you. Dr.Web online anti-virus is a free extension for Google Chrome which can scan instantly webpages and files downloaded from internet. It even blocks websites attempt to monitor users activity and protects from virus attacks, phishing attempts and ads too.
Developer(s): Doctor Web. Ltd.
Language support: English, русский
Home page: Dr. Web
Download: ADD TO CHROME
HOW TO: Installing Dr.Web Anti-Virus Link Checker on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, Dr.Web icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Dr.Web Anti-Virus Link Checker on Google Chrome:
1. To check the link, right click on the link and select “Check with Dr.Web“.
after scanning, you will be provided with the report similar to the image below.
2. To check out setting and stats of Dr.Web, click on the Dr.Web icon located at top right side of the browser.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Dr.Web Anti-Virus Link Checker from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.