Ratings Preview for YouTube is an extension for Google Chrome, also available for Mozilla Firefox and Safari, which show the likes and dislikes bar under every thumbnail in YouTube. Apart from just seeing the bar, user can also view the rating of the video before opening it. Other key features include customizable bar height, changeable bar color color, highlights the best video in the page, RP score which rates every video in scale between 1 to 10 with an algorithm.
HOW TO: Installing Ratings Preview for YouTube™ on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, a Ratings Preview for YouTube™ icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Ratings Preview for YouTube™ on Google Chrome:
1. On successful installation, Rating Preview for YouTube is ready to use.
2. YouTube home page after enabling the Ratings Preview for YouTube.
3. Ratings preview during search on YouTube.
4. To customize setting, left click on the Ratings Preview for YouTube icon which is inside the URL bar, and click “Options“. Other way to access Ratings Preview for YouTube settings is via Chrome extension manager.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Ratings Preview for YouTube™ from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.
2. Now, un-tick the Ratings Preview for YouTube™ to temporarily disable the extension. Click on the dustbin icon and you will be greeted with pop-up, click “Remove” to remove the extension from Google Chrome.