How to Block Certain Domains Appearing in Google Search.
Personal Blocklist (by Google) is an extension for Google Chrome which can block domain(s)/host(s) from appearing in your Google search results. What ever may be reason, I see this extension has the capability in improving work productivity and implementing safe search for children.
How it works: This extension, the personal blocklist will transmit to Google the patterns that you choose to block. When you choose to block or unblock a pattern, the extension will also transmit to Google the URL of the web page on which the blocked or unblocked search results are displayed.
Note: By installing this extension, you agree that Google may use this information to improve their products and services for free. Detail Terms of Service can be found here.
HOW TO: Installing Personal Blocklist on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, a Personal Blocklist icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Personal Blocklist on Google Chrome:
1. To block certain host, goto/open that particular domain name. Click on the Personal Blocklist icon and click “Block current host: *****.***“.
2. Other way for the domain/host to not appear on Google is type the keyword in google.com and choose the domain/host which you wish not to appear in Google search. On clicking “******.com“, the search results disappears.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Personal Blocklist from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.