How to Block FB’s Chat “Seen” and “Typing” Feature.
Are you interested to improve your facebook’s chats privacy settings by not letting others know whether you have seen the message or when you start typing the message? Then you should try this chrome extension. Facebook™ Chat Privacy is an extension for Google Chrome which disable the privacy feature “Seen xx.xx pm” and “… is typing” in facebook chats. Note, this works with Google Chrome only with the given extension.
One downside of using this extension is that even though you read the message, the facebook doesn’t recognize it. Example, even after reading the message from the chat, your Message Notification at left side of facebook shows it as unread.
HOW TO: Installing Facebook Chat Privacy on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, a Facebook Chat Privacy icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Facebook Chat Privacy on Google Chrome:
1. By default, Facebook™ Chat Privacy is disable. To enable, open facebook, click on the Facebook™ Chat Privacy icon which should be inside URL bar and enable it.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Facebook Chat Privacy from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.
2. Now, un-tick the Facebook Chat Privacy to temporarily disable the extension. Click on the dustbin icon and you will be greeted with pop-up, click “Remove” to remove the extension from Google Chrome.