How To: Make Google Chrome Run Efficiently with an Extension.
The Great Suspender is an extension for Google Chrome which automatically suspends the unused tabs, thus freeing system memory and optimize the system useage. As we know that Google Chrome is (un)famous for err….. memory consumption, this extension might make using Google Chrome run efficiently. Tabs can be auto-suspended after a customizable time or can be suspended manually.
Explore it, and let us know what do you think of it.
HOW TO: Installing The Great Suspender on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, a The Great Suspender icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using The Great Suspender on Google Chrome:
1. After successful installation of The Great Suspender extension you will be redirected to welcome page, from there you can access to the great suspender’s settings.
2. In general settings, you can customize the time for automatic suspension of the tabs from 20 seconds to 3 days.
3. You can prevent the extension from suspending tabs by whitelisting.
4. Shortcut keys: Suspend active tab: Ctrl+Shift+S, Unsuspend active tab: Ctrl+Shift+U, or you can go the desired tab to suspend or un-suspend tab.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.