Facebook™ Disconnect is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which stops and disconnects the third-party websites from accessing your facebook connection. It works by blocking all the traffic from third-party sites to facebook and therefore helping to stop tracking. Other features includes low memory consumption, on/off toggle button. In this post, you will learn how to install and use in Mozilla Firefox.
HOW TO: Installing Facebook Disconnect on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Facebook Disconnect installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Facebook Disconnect doesn’t require restart to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Facebook Disconnect on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful installation, you will directed to Facebook Disconnect first run page.
2. Facebook Disconnect button should appear at top right side of the page. Toggle to on/off.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Facebook Disconnect from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.