Turn Mozilla Firefox into Music Player with this Addon.
Local Music Player is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which enables you play music from local drive. This add-on is open source and can be accessed via github. It uses HTML5 audio element, includes .mp3, .mp4, .wav, .ogg formats. You will find all the features a music player should have. You can even share playing song via tumbler and twitter.
Developer(s): Robert Byrne
Language support: English
Home page: Local Music Player/Github
License: GNU General Public License, version 3.0
Donate: Click here
Download: Add to Firefox
HOW TO: Installing Local Music Player on Mozilla Firefox:
2. If Mozilla Firefox asks user permission for installation of addon. Click “Allow” to continue installation, leave it to abort.
3. Local Music Player installation box pops-up. Click “Install Now” to continue installing add-on, “Cancel” to abort installation.
4. On successful installation, Local Music Player doesn’t require restart to activate the add-on.
HOW TO: Using Local Music Player on Mozilla Firefox:
1. On successful install, Local Music Player bar should be enabled under URL bar if not, you can enable by right clicking next to New Tab.
2. To add directory, click on the CD/DVD icon which should be at top right side of the browser, next to “Open Menu” and then click on the folder icon.
3. Add the location where music is stored and click “Ok“.
4. Shortcut keys.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Local Music Player from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Click on the Firefox, located at left upper corner of the web browser and go to “Add-ons”.
or press “Alt“, Menu bar pops-up, then go to Tools > Add-ons, or you can simply use shortcut key “Ctrl+Shift+A” to access add-on (extension) manger.
2. Now, click on “Disable” to disable the add-on temporarily or click “Remove” to remove the add-on permanently from the browser.
NOTE: Both options doesn’t require restart for the actions to take effect.