Searching from Popular Sites Right from One Place in Google Chrome.
What if, if you can search from Amazon or ebay or Netflix right from one search bar? Wouldn’t that be awesome? Right now I am going to introduce you a Google Chrome extension which will make that happen. Omnifinder is a extension which performs the task of searching (re-directing) from your favorite site(s) right from one search bar. It even has this suggestions or trends option. Other things which I like about Omnifinder is that it is minimalistic, changeable themes, new tab replacement (optional) , privacy (doesn’t record your searches), and much more.
HOW TO: Installing Omnifinder on Google Chrome:
2. Google Chrome asks for user permission to add extension to the web browser. Click on “Add” to install extension to web browsers and “Cancel” to stop the installation process. Chrome also displays, what the extension might access on the web browser.
3. Now, a Omnifinder icon with message pop up appears at upper right corner of browser, indicating that the extension has successfully integrated with the Chrome.
HOW TO: Using Omnifinder on Google Chrome:
1. By default, Omnifinder opens when you open a new tab. It even try to suggest the trending topics.
2. To search from specific site, type the term and click on the icon of the website which you would like to search from.
3. You can customize Omnifinder settings by clicking on the black gear icon which is bottom right side of the browser.
4. Drag and drop to create your own layout.
HOW TO: Disable/Remove Omnifinder from Google Chrome:
1. Go to Chrome Setting > Tools > Extensions, or simply type “chrome://chrome/extensions/” in URL bar.